Letter Writing UK
Letter writing is a very formal and delicate form of communication. Writing a professional letter for our valuable client is our goal. A smooth transmission of letters can result in an amicable agreement. At times, letter writing services are sought in situations where:
- Language skills of an individual lack
- Technical professionals with field experience
- Professional two-way communication between companies
In these cases, letter writing firms help writing a cover letter and professional letters. Writing a professional letter is a very delicate process, it requires writing skill and verbal skills. Since letters are the formal medium of correspondence, they are used for the following reasons:
- Applying for a job (cover letter)
- Demanding a service (Inquiry letter)
- Pitching a business proposition (business letter)
Writing a Business Letter
A typical business letter is written in the following order:
- 1st line: Name
- 2nd line: Address
- 3rd line: Date
Now comes the recipient’s detail in the following order:
- 1st line: Name
- 2nd line: Company
- 3rd line: Address
In most cases, Dear Sir/ Dear Madam is a way of addressing an individual along with the name. In the body of the letter, after introduction and pleasantries, it’s time to state the agenda along with the detailed case regarding the subject at hand. In conclusion, it’s time to reinstate the point again for finality.
The letter is ended with a formal signing note such as Warm regards/ Yours sincerely. It is considered a bad practice to use P.S in business letters.
Types of Letters
Listed below are commonly used letter types in business environment
In this letter, a general informational inquiry is made regarding a service/ product/ company before taking further course of action.
This letter is sent to appreciate a particular favor/ service by another individual.
This form of a letter is analogous to a sales pitch in which an individual offers his services to another organization.
This letter is dispatched to validate someone’s credibility for a job placement.
Dos and Don’ts
- Always keep one copy of the letter for safekeeping
- Using shorthand language is deemed as bad practice in letter writing and often leads to confusion on either side due to unfamiliarity. This being said, use the full form of words instead of text messaging language.
- Unless, very close colleagues as letter writers, letter writing is a highly formal method of communication. Slang and jargon language are intolerable in its ecosystem.
- In a letter where both parties are unknown to each other, it’s imperative to remain formal at all times.
- Letters are read very quickly by corporate professionals, it’s better to use short sentences and succinct paragraphs. Get to the point immediately.
- Indent the letter with 5-10 line spacing. This ensures that each paragraph of a letter doesn’t look cluttered, start cleanly. It is advised to keep the letter just one page in length.
Order our Services Today
Over the years, our primary success is due to our mainstay in composing compelling letters for a variety of organizations and individuals for variegated reasons. Ranging from marketing letters, sales letters, business letters, lead generating letters to cover letters; we cover the entire niche of letter writing with our professional suite of services. For your professional letter writing tasks, contact us today.
We are Rated based on 135 reviews.